The courses will be held on-line
The venue of the MMARS courses hands-on training platform is the NINE headquarters located in Lucca at: Via della Chiesa XXXII, 759 Sorbano del Giudice.
ARRIVAL TO LUCCA
Lucca is served by two airports:
- the Galileo Galilei International Airport (http://www.pisa-airport.com/) islocated just 5 minutes far from Pisa
Central Train Station and about 25 km by Lucca city center
- From Galileo Galilei International Airport, you can reach Lucca by:
• Train: about 50-60 minutes with one stop in Pisa Central Station
• Bus: about 1 hour, Autolinee CTT Nord – VAIBUS
• Taxi: about 30 minutes and about 50 euros
- the Amerigo Vespucci Airport (http://www.aeroporto.firenze.it/en/) is located inFlorence and it is about
50 km far from Lucca center
- From Amerigo Vespucci Airport, you can reach Lucca by:
• Bus: about 1 hour, Autolinee CTT, LINEA EXTRAURBANA REGIONALE
• Taxi: about 50 minutes and about 90 euros
THE CITY OF LUCCA
Lucca is one of the most loved cities of all Tuscany, fully representing the soul of the Region itself. It is located on a plain at the foot of the Apuan Alps and less than half an hour from the coast of Versilia. Lucca is very easy to reach (both by car and train) and by flight, being half an hour far from the International Airport of Pisa and less than an hour from the International Airport of Florence.
The historical centre preserves the Roman street plan made of a rectangular grid, and the Piazza San Michele (one of the main squares) occupied the site of the ancient forum.
Most of the attractions are related to its ancient history: traces of the Roman amphitheatre, archeological remains under the 12th century church of Saints Giovanni and Reparata, extremely charming villas and towers dating back to 12-16th century and many more.
As the city grew and modernised, the walls that surrounded the old town were maintained (on the contrary, they were lost in all other Tuscan cities, including Florence) and they are nowadays a fascinating pedestrian promenade that can be walked all around the city. Climate is normally very pleasant, particularly during Spring and Summer season.